[CakeML-dev] Location of compilerLib

Ramana Kumar Ramana.Kumar at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 20 20:49:48 UTC 2017

Hi Magnus,

As it says at the top of compilationLib.sml:
(* TODO: this library is a stop-gap measure for compiling
characteristic/examples. See issue #249. *)
(https://github.com/CakeML/cakeml/issues/249)

I don't think we've yet decided where this functionality should go.
Perhaps a good place would be compiler/backend or
compiler/backend/x64.

I'd rather not put it in compiler/eval because we're trying to get rid
of that directory, but that's another possibility... By the way, I
think I might need Yong Kiam's help to move the eval/benchmarks and
eval/other_benchmarks according to
https://wiki.cakeml.org/Conventions#directory-structure.

You can avoid the long build times by using Holmake --no_prereqs. Then
Holmake won't recursively build the directories in your INCLUDES, but
you can still access the Lib files there.

Feel free to move compilationLib wherever you think is appropriate.
Ideally try to make some progress on the issue above and/or on
reaching a the directory structure above (or one that makes sense to
you).

Cheers,
Ramana