[CakeML-Dev] CF to translator

Magnus Myreen magnus.myreen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 10:39:51 UTC 2016

Excellent!

> I have proved the following connection between CF's app_basic (as on master) and a revised formulation of the translator's Arrow, modulo 4 cheats. In this email, I will show: the final theorem proved, the cheated lemmas, and the new Arrow definition. I ask for the following feedback:
> 1. Does the final theorem look like a strong enough connection?

Probably yes. I think Armaël might know better than me.

> 2. Do any of the cheated lemmas look false?

No -- but see my comment below about lemma 2

> 3. Does the Arrow definition look reasonable?.

Yes

> If there aren't any problems, then I can work towards upgrading the translator to use this definition, and proving the cheats.
>
> Final theorem:
>   |- Arrow a b f v ⇔ ∀x v1. a x v1 ⇒ app_basic p v v1 emp (cond ∘ b (f x))
>
> Cheated lemmas:
> (N.B. I want someone else to prove 2. I can tackle the rest.)
>
> 1. evaluate ck env s exp (s',r) ⇒ LENGTH s.refs ≤ LENGTH s'.refs
>
> 2. evaluate F env st exp (st',Rval res) ∧
>    SPLIT (st2heap p st') (g,st2heap p st) ⇒
>    st'.ffi = st.ffi

I'm happy to make a minor tweak to the definition of st2heap and prove
the following. I would appreciate help with proving lemma 2 from the
following.

SPLIT (st2heap p st') (g,st2heap p st) ==>
st'.ffi.io_events = st.ffi.io_events /\
st'.ffi.final_event = st.ffi.final_event