[CakeML] cakeML wish list

Konrad Slind konrad.slind at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 18:51:04 UTC 2014

It would be nice for some of our applications if we could get
vectors, arrays, and strings incorporated into the collection of
cakeML builtin types. Just arrays would be a most excellent start.
In talking with Ramana, Scott, and Michael at POPL, it seemed
that pushing new primitive types into the system would be fairly
easy, at least for the frontend of the compiler, but that difficulties
would come in the runtime system.

  Anyway, I realize that the cakeML folk are writing furiously for
ITP. But after the dust clears from that, I would like to lobby for
arrays.

Thanks,
Konrad.