[CakeML] cakeML wish list

Ramana Kumar Ramana.Kumar at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Feb 2 14:24:30 UTC 2014

Hi Konrad, Freek,

Do you know which operations you really need supported on arrays and
strings? I imagine initially for arrays we might just do array, sub,
length, and update.

For strings, are characters also required as a primitive type? String
comparisons? Should they be Unicode strings? I imagine an initial
version might implement strings as int arrays (or int vectors) and
support literals, size, maybe concat.

We're still thinking about the implementation, but I started a new
branch called "strings" on which the parser handles string literals.
Probably it makes more sense to do arrays first, though.

Cheers,
Ramana