[CakeML-dev] Slack?

Magnus Myreen magnus.myreen at gmail.com
Tue May 30 09:44:30 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I grabbed cakeml.slack.com because it was available. I'm in 4 slack
groups from before and find a nice way to chat with people working on
the same thing. Should we start using slack for CakeML?

CakeML has an IRC channel, which I guess plays a similar role. I've
occasionally attempted to use IRC but find it inconvenient because of
the poor UI of my client application, I don't see what was said while
I wasn't logged in, and I didn't put the effort into finding the right
tools to use it on my phone.

Slack works nicely on phones, keeps history, allows for markdown
syntax etc. Of course, slack and IRC are by no means the only
alternatives. Maybe there are even better alternatives that I don't
know about, e.g. Rocket Chat.

Cheers,
Magnus