[CakeML-dev] memcpy in wordLang?

Magnus Myreen magnus.myreen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 06:32:03 UTC 2017

Hi Ramana,

On 25 March 2017 at 04:50, Ramana Kumar <Ramana.Kumar at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> I'm down to BVI on the strcat branch now, and to go further I will soon need
> the memcpy primitives/stubs in wordLang, to implement the new CopyByte op.
>
> We may need to coordinate this. On which branch are you planning to
> implement those stubs in wordLang?

I hope I can spend this week on:
1) finishing the gen-gc proofs (with Johannes) on the gen-gc branch
2) implementing ConsExtend (incl. word-by-word memcpy) on clos_stub
3) implementing wordLang stubs on strcat branch (with clos_stub merged)

I can't promise that I'll get to 2) and 3) this week, but I guess what
is clear from the work plan above is that I hope strcat will build on
clos_stub (which I hope will be merged into master soon). Could you
merge clos_stub into strcat?

Cheers,
Magnus