[CakeML-dev] Putting line annotations on declarations

Rikard Hjort hjortr at student.chalmers.se
Fri Mar 24 10:21:31 UTC 2017

Would it be possible (and desireable) to have the parser put line
annotations (embodied by the Lannot constructor in the ast) on
declarations? Right now there are line annotations on expressions only.
In working with the explorer, we often see places where line annotation
on declarations would make sense. Sometimes expressions are generated
directly from declaration (Lets from Dletrecs in mod_to_conScript.sml
for example), and it would be good if we could show these as actually
originating from those declarations. Also, I think it would make sense
if you could see where declarations that appear in later languages
originate in earlier languages.