[CakeML-dev] Bootstrapped compiler preview

Magnus Myreen magnus.myreen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 17:32:50 UTC 2017

Hi Konrad,

The sources only exist in AST format at the moment. At some point, we
had a way of pretty printing AST into concrete syntax, but I'm not
sure where that machinery lives nowadays or whether it produces
readable concrete syntax for large programs.

I believe the full AST for the bootstrapped compiler is in the
constant called `entire_program` which is defined in the following
script:

https://github.com/CakeML/cakeml/blob/master/compiler/bootstrap/translation/compiler_x64ProgScript.sml#L176

Unfortunately, this term is not shown in the script and it's not easy
to explore interactively either.

Cheers,
Magnus