[CakeML-dev] Adding FileIO to basis

Ramana Kumar Ramana.Kumar at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 1 04:54:40 UTC 2017

Yeah the FFI instantiation makes it harder to work with such a fork in
the basis libraries.

What are the concrete plans for speeding up the bootstrap? I have
implemented the app_list change, and I should be able to send you the
.S file for it for testing in about 8 hours (when I get home, because
it's on my laptop, presuming it didn't get killed...).

I'm happy to do the FileIO stuff on a different branch though. I
suggest that speeding up the bootstrap happens on master, which I hope
to merge the basis branch (as it is, without FileIO) into soon.