[CakeML-dev] FFI calls

Magnus Myreen magnus.myreen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 08:05:59 UTC 2017

Hi Johannes,

It would be great if you could work on this!

I suspect this change will mostly interact with what Hugo is doing at
the moment on the more realistic filesystem modelling for the FFI
interface (on the fileioffi branch).

What should the semantics be when the byte arrays alias?

There has also been talk about allowing the user to pass an
immutable string to the FFI interface, and then requiring that
the FFI call does not change the string. This would avoid copying.
Could you add this call-FFI-with-string feature at the same time?

Cheers,
Magnus