[CakeML-dev] Version 2

Michael.Norrish at data61.csiro.au Michael.Norrish at data61.csiro.au
Mon Jul 10 02:01:38 UTC 2017

Yeah, I think the idea of a version2 branch that eventually stops receiving merges from master is a good way to go.

Michael

On 5/7/17, 20:42, "Magnus Myreen" <magnus.myreen at gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi all,

    I'm in favour of this. In particular, I think it would be good to, at
    some point, have a definite version 2 before Eval-related material
    starts making its way into master.

    Ramana and I discussed this briefly in an unrelated Hangout. We came
    to the conclusion that maybe we don't need to have a specific commit
    yet, but could still start a branch called "version2" where we merge
    in a few developments from master for a while still. Eventually we
    would stop merging in master and consider "version2" done.

    Cheers,
    Magnus