[CakeML-dev] Compilation times

Magnus Myreen magnus.myreen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 10:42:50 UTC 2017

On 28 February 2017 at 11:39, Yong Kiam <tanyongkiam at gmail.com> wrote:
> We're missing dead call-table entry removal as well. Ramana has started some
> notes on this in the meetings page.
>
> The register allocator is definitely above quadratic.

One can ease the pressure on the register allocator by lowering the
cut_size in bvl_to_bvi (lower size makes register allocator see
smaller problems).

However, eventually we want a CF-verified imperative version of the
register allocator.

> Also, the encoder evaluation is cached in the logic by Anthony's stuff but
> it isn't cached outside, so that is another place with potential slowdown.
>
> Both of those seem like they could fit well with a CF replacement for bits
> of it.

Unfortunately, memoisation won't fit with CF as it currently stands.

Cheers,
Magnus