[CakeML-dev] bootstrap notes

Ramana Kumar Ramana.Kumar at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Feb 25 00:51:38 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I just wanted to document the status of the bootstrap, which is currently being
worked on on the basis branch. The "new stuff" motivating the changes include:
making the full basis library available to user programs, adding command line
arguments to the compiler, and using the same workflow for programs like echo
and hello world as for the compiler (and improving this workflow).

I put the notes on the wiki here: https://wiki.cakeml.org/Compiler%20Bootstrap

I didn't get as far as I thought with the "plan" part yet, but
hopefully the "status" part is still helpful.

Cheers,
Ramana