[CakeML-dev] idris also facing the killer app question

Magnus Myreen magnus.myreen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 04:54:13 UTC 2017

Thanks for the link.

My answer to this question is that CakeML is well suited for
applications that need high assurance (verification) and do a lot of
data processing where the data is variable in size (benefits from
automatic memory management) and represented as trees (good use of
pattern matching).

Examples in this area are:
 - theorem provers such as HOL / Candle
 - certificate checkers, static analysis tools, automatic provers (e.g. Daisy)
 - program transformers / compilers (also other than the CakeML compiler)

Cheers,
Magnus