[CakeML-Dev] other targets benchmarks

Ramana Kumar Ramana.Kumar at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 7 03:32:57 UTC 2016

Status update:

I've tried to set the avoid_regs and register-name mappings correctly for
all targets. The riscv branch (now named too specifically) is where this
work lives.

I have .S files for all the benchmarks on this branch. Magnus, do you want
me to send you the ARM-32 ones?

I've got a RISC-V setup working on my machine (I can compile and run simple
C programs). I've tried to run the CakeML fib benchmark for RISC-V.
Currently, it takes a really long time in the simulator (a couple of
minutes?) and then segfaults.

It would be very good to have some benchmarks that (a) produce output or
(b) are very simple/fast, just to test that things are working at all. Yong
Kiam, were you going to add output to the benchmarks? I'll try producing a
very simple test benchmark myself...