[CakeML-dev] Dependencies

Magnus Myreen magnus.myreen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 19:59:05 UTC 2016

Yes, compiler/backend/proofs currently depend on translator and
characteristic. This is caused by backendProofScript.sml using
evaluation in some proofs. The evaluation is done using compiler/eval,
which includes translator and characteristic. This dependency is a bit
unfortunate and somewhat unnecessary. We should try to split
compiler/eval into multiple files that we distribute through the
development.

I believe a quick fix is to comment out  ../../eval from the INCLUDES
line in the compiler/backend/proofs/Holmakefile. Such a change will
cause backendProof to fail, but I guess that doesn't matter for what
you are planning to work on.

Cheers,
Magnus